Sr. Manager, Sales and Marketing
Castle Rock, CO
REPORTS TO: Chief Operating Officer
DEPARTMENT: Sales/Customer Service/Marketing/E-Commerce
POSITION SUMMARY: Responsible for the results of the organization’s revenue streams, customer service and marketing programs. Provides strategic and tactical direction to maximize and track sales and marketing objectives, revenue targets and performance. Establishes the alignment of marketing and ecommerce efforts with sales strategies. Continually analyzes and adjusts sales and marketing strategies to respond to changing market and competitive conditions.
- Responsible for building existing business and developing new business by leading the team’s managers and members to achieve customer service excellence, process standardization, training, organization, and adherence to company brand standards
- Acts as liaison between Sales, Marketing, Customer Service, E-commerce, and other MMI teams
- Oversees the development, execution and communication of sales and marketing strategies, plans and budgets
- Approves the tradeshow schedule and the selection of trade show staff
- Provides input to new product development
- Assists in the development of key accounts as required, working closely with appropriate team members
- Ensures that team members follow protocols related to the sales order process, including data entry into the in ERP and the lead follow up process in the CRM.
- Establishes appropriate tracking mechanisms to evaluate ongoing ROI of marketing and sales efforts
- Maintains sales/customer service staff results by coaching, counseling, and corrective action; resolving issues; planning, monitoring and appraising job results; providing timely feedback to team managers
- Practices all elements of Situational Self-Leadership with each direct report
- Ensures team members understand and follow company policies
- Tracks time and submits payroll information for marketing, sales, support and E-Commerce coaches
- Reviews monthly sales, bonus, and commission information for customer support and sales representatives to verify accuracy of the commissions.
- Negotiates pricing and customer agreements by working with vendors, purchasing, and the COO on the quote process
- Travels to trade shows and makes personal customer visits as required
- Makes trade show and customer visit travel arrangements for customer service team
- Other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS:
- Strategic thinking, planning and execution
- Process improvement and organizational skills
- Knowledge of effective website design, marketing, tracking, and analysis
- Previous customer service, sales management, and marketing management experience
- Previous experience selling on Amazon and/or other open marketplaces
- Previous leadership/coaching experience in a team environment
- Demonstrated sales skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Proficient in WPCRM and the following APlus (Infor) applications: order entry, sales analysis
- Ability to assimilate information and make decisions based on research
- Ability to consistently apply MMI work guidelines to department team members
- Ability to effectively interact with external and internal customers at all levels and establish and maintain effective relationships
- Demonstrates effective organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple tasks
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Customer and team oriented
- Detail oriented
- Demonstrates effective negotiation skills
- Demonstrates effective written, oral and telephone communication skills
- Handles difficult situations with diplomacy
- Bachelor’s degree in Business and 7+ years product-based sales/management in a distribution/retail company and 5+ years managerial experience in sales, customer support, marketing or E-commerce, or suitable combination.
Salary: $78,000 to $83,000 DOE
Interested in learning more about magnets? Check out Polarity - a magnet blog.
Before You Begin…
Please anticpate that this application will take a few minutes to complete, and that your changes will not be saved if you abandon the page. Consider the following before you begin:
- Make sure you have at least 8 minutes to commit
- The application is best completed on a non-mobile device (laptop or desktop)
- Have your resume and cover letter handy and ready to upload (optional)
Master Magnetics, Inc.
Application for Employment
Equal Opportunity Employer
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, region, national origin, sex, age, disability or any other status protected by law or regulation. It is our intention that all qualified applicants be given equal opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors.